How to Defend Your DSLR Camera Contact From Dust, Shape and Scratches

I have been a wildlife and journey shooter applying Cannon gear for around 25 years now. Through the years, I have used almost all of Canon's cropped and complete body cameras and their EF and EF-S lenses. Spring is eventually here and several photographers are gearing up to venture out to their beloved places and start pressing up a storm.

As some of you might know, my choice is to visit gentle on photograph shoots and usually carry move instead of perfect lens. There's a never ending discussion on the image quality of skilled primary vs. zoom lens however lens me for my applications, the difference is with out a difference and I will allow the situation dictates the lens instead of the other way round. The following contacts are some of my endorsement, produced from years of experience out in the subject on photograph shoots. They are my personal view and won't provide every situation or photographer's needs.My Brother Landscape and Wildlife Lens Advice:

Rule EF 24-105mm f/4L IS - A good price and over-all lens for journey, landscape and wildlife photography. This contact is definitely on my EOS-1D X or EOS-1D Mk IV cameras when I get vacation or closeup wildlife shots. It includes outstanding built and picture quality at a reasonable price. The focal plans and pace are well suited for interior and outside shooting situations although the IS offers merely a 2 stop advantage. I would love to see Rule bring out a Series II variation with the most recent coatings and a 4 stop IS system.

Rule EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II - This lens is ideal for broad position landscape shots on complete body cameras like the 1Ds Mk III or EOS-5D Mk III. It also acts as a functional travel lens on the EOS-1D Mk IV as well. Really sharp and fast. Can be used indoors when flash images is prohibited. Putting IS to this contact will be a good improvement but that would add extra weight. If price is a factor, then I'd suggest the Cannon EF 17-40mm f/4L lens.

Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS - That is my personal favorite EF-S lens and should go good with the EOS-7D camera as a general purpose lens. Not an low priced lens but the developed and image quality is first rate and the continuous aperture over the move range is perfect for catching photos in minimal gentle conditions.

Cannon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye - Using its distinctive key size selection, this contact may be the largest fisheye contact lens on the market. It produces 180° diagonal viewpoint of see images for all EOS SLR cameras with imaging models ranging from full-frame to APS-C, and gives 180° circular fisheye images for full-frame EOS models. I make use of this lens to image whales and different maritime creatures when I am in the water. To complete it appropriately, I take advantage of my EOS-1D Mk IV camera with the contact and the AquaTech underwater housing, capped with a dome lens interface for maximum angle of view. On area, that super large direction contact may capture spectacular nature photos and promote creativity.

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II - Tremendous sharp and fast contact for close up wildlife action, providing around 4 stops of modification and repaired aperture at all key lengths. I purchased that contact for years and the latest version is the greatest yet. An excellent contact for closeup, low gentle vacation and wildlife images and is useful with both 1.4X and 2.0X extenders. Very well created and stands up to high quality area use.

Rule EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS - I presented down getting that lens for some time as the EF 70-300mm DO was this type of disappointment for me. The extra achieve and lighter fat ( set alongside the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II ) with this lens comes in handy when I am photographing greater wildlife in good light. Exemplary 4 stop IS compensation. Another great contact for cetacean and wildlife photo shoots. The disadvantages are stretchers can't be utilized on that contact and it does not feature a focus ring.

Comments

Popular Posts